The history of Bodegas Barahonda begins around 1850, when Pedro Candela Soriano began to produce and sell small quantities of wine locally until Antonio Candela García, in 1925, founded a small winery. It was subsequently taken over by his son, Antonio Candela Poveda, who made it grow and evolve over the years. With the need to create higher quality wines, Bodegas Barahonda was founded in 2006, which is currently run by Antonio and Alfredo, the fourth generation of the Candela family. From the small wine exploitation to the modern winery that produces quality wines appreciated in international markets, four generations have passed knowledge and tradition from father to son. The Candela family, have dedicated our lives to wine and Barahonda is the visible result of this passion.