Once owned by the patrician family of Saint-Estèphe of that name, Château de Côme was listed in the Guide Féret, the Bordeaux bible, in 1886 as a "Cru Bourgeois Supérieur". The vineyard was established around 1840.
When Baron Velge bought it in 1997, two hectares remained, but the label had disappeared, the vines having been leased by another château.
Very quickly, the vineyard grew to seven hectares of high-quality, homogeneous terroirs, an elegant label was produced and marketing was successfully launched. The first vintages already produced wines of great finesse.